Error code 12029 on HttpSendRequest
Brian Burgess
2003-10-05 16:20:42 UTC
Hi all,

Anyone know what this error code is? I cant find it in MSDN or winerror.h

Thanks in advance..

-BB
Stephen Sulzer
2003-10-05 23:41:37 UTC
WinInet error codes are defined in wininet.h in the Platform SDK, not
winerror.h

Error 12029 is ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - "The attempt to connect to
the server failed."

WinInet errors are described on-line at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wininet/wininet/wininet_errors.asp

Stephen
-BB
Brian Burgess
2003-10-06 04:13:18 UTC
Ya, I found it. Thanks Stephen..

it was just indexed differently from the other error code lists ..

Do you know if there is a way to get 'FormatMessage' to get this text for
the WinInet codes?

-BB
Post by Stephen Sulzer
WinInet error codes are defined in wininet.h in the Platform SDK, not
winerror.h
Error 12029 is ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT - "The attempt to connect to
the server failed."
WinInet errors are described on-line at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wininet/wininet/wininet_errors.asp
Post by Stephen Sulzer
Stephen
Post by Brian Burgess
Hi all,
Anyone know what this error code is? I cant find it in MSDN or
winerror.h
Post by Brian Burgess
Thanks in advance..
-BB
Stephen Sulzer
2003-10-06 09:10:13 UTC
Post by Brian Burgess
Do you know if there is a way to get 'FormatMessage' to get this text for
the WinInet codes?
Try:
FormatMessage(FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_HMODULE,
GetModuleHandle("wininet.dll"), // assumes the DLL is already loaded
dwWinInetErrorCode,
MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT),
pBuffer,
cchBufferSize,
NULL);

Stephen